Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sharp shooter.

Recently there was an incident in our quiet little neighborhood involving property theft and home invasion. My lovely husband decided that after five years of trying to teach me all about firearms, it was finally time for me to learn how to shoot. Because we live so close to the edge of Las Vegas, there is a public shooting range located on BLM land only 15 minutes away from our house. My husband grew up learning about hunting and firearms safety from his father and I was raised in a household where water guns were considered violent. I have never been comfortable around guns of any kind, but when I married my husband, they were part of the package!

 I really enjoyed shooting this 22 caliber rifle, mostly because I am pretty good at it.

Not bad for my first time!

Here is a short video of my husband teaching me to fire. We are shooting a Ruger 9mm.


 

Next time my husband goes to target practice, he probably won't have to beg me to go with him like he had to in the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment