Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I was busy writing with a pen, and paper thin dream.

Today we mailed the last of the Christmas cards and gifts off to our families in far away places, and just in time (I hope). The holidays really seemed to sneak up on me this year! I am usually ahead of the schedule and stress free, however that is not the case this time around. With only five days left until Christmas day, I still have a little last minute shopping to do and I haven't even started baking yet. Fortunately for me, my mother has a head start in the desserts department so I am pretty much just left with sugar cookies which happen to be my absolute favorite. Not only does it give me a chance to put to good use my extensive cookie cutter collection (I have over 100!), but nothing is more nostalgic to me than the our tradition of baking them to leave near the fireplace with a glass of milk for Santa. Plus I adore decorating them! A girl can never have too many sprinkles, right?


Just when the holiday stress seems too much to bear, at least I have my two little love bugs Mr. Webster and Wilhelmina to lend a helping paw or at least a sympathetic snuggle. Listening to Ben Gibbard never hurts either.


No comments:

Post a Comment