Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kyle goes to the dentist.

Today my horse Kyle and I were lucky enough to work with equine veterinarian and dentist Dr. Scott Greene for his annual check up and teeth floating. Kyle is usually not a big fan of going to the dentist, I mean who is? Dr. Greene was very patient and knew all the right tricks to use while working with a nervous Arabian. By that I mean heavy sedation (among other things). This is my horse...

This is my horse on drugs...

Kyle no longer had a care in the world and allowed Dr. Greene file down the sharp edges of his ever- erupting teeth.

Dr. Greene and his assistant made the whole procedure quick and painless, even while removing a pesky wolf tooth.

Kyle is now sleeping sound after stumbling back to his barn stall and being tucked into a warm blanket. Imagine walking your 900 pound friend who had one too many shots of whiskey home from the bar. If you would like to see more of Dr. Greene and his equine dentistry (including his power tools) watch this video of him working with some of his other patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment