Sunday, January 1, 2012

So this is the new year.

I am not one of those people who makes new year resolutions. I am especially not one of those people who makes them involving a diet. I come from a family of foodies and we know how to eat. Any kind of family gathering, holiday or travel usually revolves around food. That being said, we also know how to eat healthy. We (my steak loving husband excluded) only eat meat occasionally and use strictly seafood and poultry. I make a mean turkey burger and I believe sushi should be it's own food group. We purchase the freshest, preservative free ingredients we are able to. Believe me, my mother is high fructose corn syrup's worst nightmare. Cooking something delicious is satisfying and eating it is even more gratifying. It is comforting. Can't. Stop. One goal I have set for myself this year is to compete with my horse at a few local shows. I have spent almost four years, and more money than I care to admit to myself training and caring for Kyle. Our first and only show was an epic failure, but we have come along way since those days! I am hoping to attend a show in March, so I am currently spending all of my free time at the barn and riding four days a week. My husband gifted me with a new show saddle for Christmas and today I rode Kyle in it for the first time. He gifted Kyle with these adorable leopard print polo wraps.



Sundays are our most intense work out and tonight my body is feeling it. Kyle is tucked into his stall under a warm blanket and feeling the same way, I'm sure. He had an extra scoop of grain for dinner and I, an enormous pile of carbs in the form of angel hair with sauteed garlic, mushrooms, spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Yum.

 In my opinion 2012 is off to a fabulous start!





No comments:

Post a Comment