Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Leap Year

Well, February proved to be a very busy month as imagined it would. I'm so glad we get an extra day because the last few weeks have flown by. Since updating our Photo A Day Blog occupied any free time I had, I thought I would update here by sharing a little recap of my favorite moments from the last month. The first week was spent preparing Kyle for our first horse show of the season. I like to compare it to cramming for a final. We had so much fun and we even brought home a few ribbons.


We definitely got our fill of delicious this month. Not only did we prepare plenty of homemade meals, we dined out in Las Vegas at The Cracked Egg, Krazy Sushi, Battists's Hole In The Wall, and Le Thai.

 For Valentines Day Joe took me on a date to see the show Absinthe at Ceaser's Palace. It was lovely!


We attended a birthday party for a 31 year old horse which included hors d'oeuvres and a live musician.


Our new kitten Oliver has been home with us for a month now. I has been so fun watching him grow and win the hearts of Mr. Webster and Wilhelmina, who were a little skeptical of the tiny feline upon his arrival. 


Last weekend I enjoyed a weekend in Scottsdale, AZ for the 57th annual Arabian Horse Show. I hope someday to call Scottsdale home, but until then I like to go any chance I get. Unfortunately, I was sans husband this trip due to work, but I was joined by two good friends from Las Vegas, and met up with even more friends at the show. It was wonderful, the shopping, the food, and of course over 2500 pure bred and half Arabian horses. It is an incredible feeling being surrounded by the best trainers, breeders, and horses in the industry. Not to mention inspiring. 

My absolute favorite thing from February was watching Joe in his first lesson working cows.

No comments:

Post a Comment