Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Get your gourd on.

Fall is my favorite time of year and I know a lot of people feel the same. Who doesn't love the beautiful colors of the landscape, perfect weather, and start of the holiday season? I mean, anytime I can get away with wearing flannel and shearling boots all day I am content. 'Tis the season for pumpkin carving! These are a few of the cute and creative ideas that have inspired me this year.






Toasting (and eating) pumpkins seeds is the perfect ending to this fun holiday tradition. There are tons of recipes out there but I like to drizzle mine with a little olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and powdered garlic before toasting in the oven. This year I'm recipe shopping for a sweet alternative to this usually savory treat and there are so many out there. I can't wait to try them. Happy carving!

No comments:

Post a Comment